Vegetarian Crock pot Chili
Nothing makes me think of Fall more than a nice big bowl of chili. I love how easy this Vegetarian Crockpot Chili is to throw together in just a few minutes in the morning on your way out the door and simply allow it to simmer on low all day.
Serve this with tortilla chips, crackers, cornbread cheese, green onions or any of your favorite chili additions for a satisfying, frugal and healthy version of a traditional staple food for cooler weather months. If you prefer a meat version you may simply add your preference of one pound cooked ground turkey or ground beef into the mix and cook as directed.
- 1 15oz. Can Pinto Beans
- 1 15oz Can Chili Beans
- 1 15oz. Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 16oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 16oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes (I prefer the fire roasted variety)
- 1 8oz. Can Tomato Paste
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Small Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Medium Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Roasted Garlic
- Set crockpot or slow cooker to lowest setting.
- Open all cans and stir together all ingredients into crockpot and set on lowest setting (low – not warm).
- Cook for 4-5 hours stirring occasionally if needed.
- Serve with favorite chili condiments.