20 Uses of Thieves Oil That You Can Try Today
Thieves oil has been used for centuries to help a variety of illnesses and keep them at bay. They are a must have oil in your healthy arsenal. Young Living Thieves Oil has a million and one uses, here are 20 of my favorite ways to incorporate it into our daily healthy living.
I absolutely LOVE Thieves oil–I love it so much that I try to find reasons to use it. 🙂
20 WAYS TO USE THIEVES OIL
- Cold Sore-Place a drop or two into a teaspoon of carrier oil ( almond or coconut) and apply directly to affected area.
- Handy All-Purpose Cleaner- Add 10-12 drops to a spray bottle half filled with vinegar and half water, shake well- use for countertops, floors, and appliances.
- General Disinfectant- Add 5l drops of Thieves to a bottle of distilled water, spray public spaces like shopping carts, toilets, table tops water fountains,etc..
- Sanitizing Hand Soap- Add Thieves to your favorite homemade soap (or hand sanitizer) recipe.
- Clean Toys- Add 10 drops of the oil to a spray bottle of water, saturate toys with mixture and allow to sit for 10 minutes, rinse, dry well before next use.
- Floor Cleaner- Add 5 drops of oil to a sinkful of water to help clean and sanitize floors.
- Ease Bug Bites- Add a drop of thieves oil directly to bite to relieve the stinging and itching.
- Effective Toothpaste- Combine 2-3 drops of thieves oil with 1 Tbsp. baking soda for a great homemade toothpaste, add a drop or two of peppermint as well.
- Build Immunity – Mix Thieves with a carrier oil like coconut oil and rub onto soles of feet- adults and children, nightly, cover with socks.
- Sore Throat Spray- Add Thieves oil to purified water, and a couple drops of peppermint. Shake up in a small spray bottle- spray into throat for relief from pain.
- Relieve Aches and Pains- Combine a tsp. of carrier oil with 2 drops Thieves, rub onto sore areas several times a day.
- Homemade Vicks– Include a few drops in your DIY Vicks recipe to boost the benefits ( coconut oil, peppermint, and eucalyptus).
- Sanitize The Dishwasher- Drip a few drops inside your dishwasher, process an empty load to sanitize and eliminate unpleasant odors.
- Deodorize Pet Bedding– Fill a spray bottle with water, add several drops of oil then mist over pet beds.
- Bug repellent– Combine in a spray bottle with rosemary, basil, lavender, and peppermint, the blend creates a DIY bug spray.
- Relieve Sinus Pressure– Place a few drops in a bowl of steaming water, cover your head with a towel, lean over it and inhale deeply for relief.
- Headache Relief– Place some on your temples, or many find relief by putting a drop on the thumb and press to the roof of your mouth for 2 minutes.
- DIY Dryer Sheet– Dampen a rag ( I like to use old cut up t shirts) add 2 drops of thieves and toss in dryer with clothes.
- Laundry Boost-Combine 5 drops oil with laundry soap, fabric softener, or straight to wash water to clean and deodorize.
- Air purifier- Use Thieves in your diffuser daily, especially during cold and flu season to clean the air.
Interested in essential oils? For a limited time you can get a excellent deal on a Young Living Premium starter kit! Get everything below plus several freebies for just $150 plus access to very helpful facebook groups!
Other Posts You Might Like
Updated January 2, 2020Hey! Thanks for visiting. If you like what you see here, I’d love to invite you over to the Smart Money Mom…