Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls: Freezer Skillet Meal
I love the delicious combo of ground beef, cabbage, and tomatoes- it is just a good, filling, comfort food. Especially during the cold days of winter when you want something to warm you from the inside out. But they can be a lot of work on especially on busy nights. So when you need a quicker meal, with minimal dirty dishes there is another way you can enjoy them- straight from the freezer if you want to try Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls, one of 10 recipes in the Freezer Skillet Meals series. With just a little prep up front you will have this tasty dinner waiting in the fridge to be thawed and heated through- dirtying up just one pan! I like to pre brown my hamburger meat in recipes like these so I can go ahead and drain the fat and also use only one pan for cooking. Looking for more freezer recipes? Check out the rest of my Freezer Skillet Meals HERE.
1 lb. ground beef (You can use Ground Turkey or Bison)
2- 14 oz. diced tomatoes
½ large cabbage
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ onion, chopped
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
½ tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
- Brown ground beef, drain fat, cool completely.
- Wash, then chop cabbage into smaller bite sized pieces.
- Dice onion, crush garlic if not already done.
- Place all ingredients inside gallon freezer bag.
- Press flat, this will make for quicker thawing and save freezer space.
- Once Thawed place contents in a deep pot over medium heat, cover with a lid.
- Stir occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve over rice, potatoes, or pasta if desired. You could also easily turn this meal- into a soup add 2 cups water and 2 cups of broth, then add a bit more season to taste.