No products found.
Quick and Easy dinners can also be healthy and delicious, especially when you take a little time to prep them for the freezer. A great home cooked skillet meal is just a thaw and a toss in a single pan away. This Turkey and Sweet Potato Saute is a light dinner that still imparts plenty of flavor and texture to keep it appealing, for a cheaper or even healthier skillet dinner decrease to ½ lb. of turkey and use 2 sweet potatoes instead. Once this skillet dinner is cooked you could also add 4-6 cups of broth to turn it into a soup.
1 lb. ground turkey
1 large sweet potato
4 cups fresh spinach
¼ cup chicken broth
½ large onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. sat
½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Normally when cooking with ground turkey I pre-brown the meat, but since the sweet potatoes take so long to cook I just go ahead and put the turkey in the freezer bag uncooked and let the moisture help the potatoes soften.
- Wash and remove stems from spinach.
- Chop sweet potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
- Heat sweet potatoes in microwave for 5 minutes to partially cook, allow to cool
- Dice onion.
- Add all ingredients to bag, press flat to conserve freezer space.
- Thaw contents of bag in refrigerator overnight.
- Place contents in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up meat as it cooks, once meat is thoroughly done throughout, place lid on pan and reduce to low.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sweet potatoes have softened.