No products found.
Quick and Easy dinners can also be healthy and delicious, especially when you take a little time to prep them for the freezer. A great home cooked skillet meal is just a thaw and a toss in a single pan away. This Turkey and Sweet Potato Saute is a light dinner that still imparts plenty of flavor and texture to keep it appealing, for a cheaper or even healthier skillet dinner decrease to ½ lb. of turkey and use 2 sweet potatoes instead. Once this skillet dinner is cooked you could also add 4-6 cups of broth to turn it into a soup.
1 lb. ground turkey
1 large sweet potato
4 cups fresh spinach
¼ cup chicken broth
½ large onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. sat
½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Normally when cooking with ground turkey I pre-brown the meat, but since the sweet potatoes take so long to cook I just go ahead and put the turkey in the freezer bag uncooked and let the moisture help the potatoes soften.
- Wash and remove stems from spinach.
- Chop sweet potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
- Heat sweet potatoes in microwave for 5 minutes to partially cook, allow to cool
- Dice onion.
- Add all ingredients to bag, press flat to conserve freezer space.
- Thaw contents of bag in refrigerator overnight.
- Place contents in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up meat as it cooks, once meat is thoroughly done throughout, place lid on pan and reduce to low.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sweet potatoes have softened.
Other Posts You Might Like
If you’re looking to lower your monthly bills, one of the ones that can easily be overlooked is the Internet. A lot of families easily…
To get you prepared for the Summer months and the high cost of cooling our homes– I wanted to make you aware of…