Quick and Easy dinners can also be healthy and delicious, especially when you take a little time to prep them for the freezer. A great home cooked skillet meal is just a thaw and a toss in a single pan away. This Turkey and Sweet Potato Saute is a light dinner that still imparts plenty of flavor and texture to keep it appealing, for a cheaper or even healthier skillet dinner decrease to ½ lb. of turkey and use 2 sweet potatoes instead. Once this skillet dinner is cooked you could also add 4-6 cups of broth to turn it into a soup.
1 lb. ground turkey
1 large sweet potato
4 cups fresh spinach
¼ cup chicken broth
½ large onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. sat
½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Normally when cooking with ground turkey I pre-brown the meat, but since the sweet potatoes take so long to cook I just go ahead and put the turkey in the freezer bag uncooked and let the moisture help the potatoes soften.
- Wash and remove stems from spinach.
- Chop sweet potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
- Heat sweet potatoes in microwave for 5 minutes to partially cook, allow to cool
- Dice onion.
- Add all ingredients to bag, press flat to conserve freezer space.
- Thaw contents of bag in refrigerator overnight.
- Place contents in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up meat as it cooks, once meat is thoroughly done throughout, place lid on pan and reduce to low.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sweet potatoes have softened.
Other Posts You Might Like
What is ibotta? Earn cash instantly for grocery purchases
December 27, 2013
Sign Up for Ibotta ibotta is a new and free smart phone app that lets you earn real money for items you purchase at any…
Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggies
February 18, 2014
Sometimes the most simple meals are the ones that kids love the most! I popped chicken and a couple of veggies in my slow…
DIY Project: Essential Oil Fabric Freshener
December 5, 2016
Every time I have given a room a good cleaning the last thing I like to do before leaving the room is to give it…
April 28, 2016 at 10:35 pm
Do you add the liquid ingredients to the freezer bag as well?
April 30, 2016 at 9:17 am
February 15, 2017 at 5:59 pm
Would vegetable broth work?
February 16, 2017 at 11:14 pm
January 6, 2019 at 11:23 pm
What do you pair this with? I kinda just ended up with mush and felt like it needed to be put over-top of something…?