Tips for Using Discount Groceries to Make Gourmet Foods
We can’t all buy the top of the line groceries, but that doesn’t mean we can’t cook gourmet meals. In fact, sometimes the least expensive brand makes the best meals. Here are some tips for using discount groceries to make gourmet meals for your family!
Tips for Using Discount Groceries to Make Gourmet Meals
- Spice up your boxed meals: If you have boxed meals, don’t just serve them as they are, add a little more to them. For instance, top boxed macaroni with shredded cheese and French’s Fried onions to the top and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Plan your Meals: Not having what you need or forgetting to take out the meat from the freezer can leave your meals looking and tasting sour. Try to plan your meals out ahead of time for the week.
- Use Freezer Meals: Not only do freezer meals save you on prep time, but they let your spices savor in your dishes for a gourmet taste you can’t beat anywhere else. Not only do freezer meals add flavor, but they make meal prep go so much quicker.
- Use Premade Seasoning Mixes: Seasoning packets can be an absolute lifesaver when it comes to cooking delicious meals on a budget. You can’t go wrong with a little lemon pepper seasoning or hickory and brown sugar.
- Keep Worcestershire Sauce on Hand: This sauce is an absolute must for any meat you cook. If you have to buy discount meat, Worcestershire sauce adds savory flavor, tenderness, and a taste that can’t be beaten to your meal.
- Sauté Some Onions and Garlic: Onions and garlic add flavor and beauty to any dish. If you aren’t sure what to add to make your meal look and taste Gourmet, stick to the sautéed garlic and onions.
- Adjust Famous Recipes: No recipe is perfect, and that is ok. Improvise and adjust recipes you like into recipes you love. No matter what kind of food you get, you can always add your own kick to the recipe.
- Make Homemade Sauces: It is actually less expensive to make your own sauces than it is to buy canned or jar sauces. Not only is it frugal, but it tastes so much better.
- Master the Art of Cutting: Sometimes, making a gourmet meal means making it look like the most delicious thing in the world. You can make your meals look great just by mastering the art of cutting, dicing, chopping so everything looks perfect.
- Marinate your Food: If you want to get the most flavor out of your meals, always marinate them first. This allows the food to fully absorb the flavor. Marinate your meals for at least 15 minutes before cooking for the best results.
Making a Gourmet meal doesn’t require the best ingredients. It just requires a little tender loving care and a little creativity. What other tips do you have for making Gourmet meals with discount groceries? Share your tricks and tips in the comments below!