Stockpile Cooking: Turkey Meatballs
I rant and rave about how much I love Turkey. I strive to feed my family of five healthier–more tasteful options and I put this one together with a mix of items that I pulled out of my stockpile.
These turkey meatballs are absolutely yummy! Lots of flavor and healthy! I make about 30 -35 medium size balls with this recipe. After I cook all of them, I freeze half for another meal!
This recipe is quite easy..and soooo good!
- 1 cup Caramelized onions
- 1 cup Parsley
- 8-10 Basil leaves (optional)
- 4-5 Thyme sprigs (chop)
- 4-5 leaves Sage (sparingly)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic
- Crushed Red Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Cup Parmesan
- 1 Cup Mozzarella
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard (optional)
- 1.5 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 lb Pork Sausage
- pasta of choice
- Place all ingredients desired into ground turkey and Pork Sausage Mixture(I.E. herbs, cheese, aromatics, etc). Only mandatory procedure is for every 1lb turkey is 1 whole egg and 1/2 cp bread crumbs. Mix well and chill till mixture is cold throughout. Make balls to desired size and then place them on a sheet pan in the fridge until set. (This step will ensure that the meatballs will hold there shape during cooking.)
- Heat a skillet and add half olive oil and half canola oil to coat the bottom of the pan fully. Once oil just starts to smoke, add balls carefully (DROPPING THEM AWAY FROM YOU WILL REDUCE OIL SPLASHING) to the hot pan and brown on both sides.
- Drain balls of all excess fat and place them in a sauce of your choice to simmer on the stove for roughly an 30 min
- You can also bake in a Casserole dish on 350 for about an hour and a half. Serve on a hoagie with cheese or a pasta of your liking.
Please note: I do not know measurements. I usually just throw in what I feel is right 🙂