Grab These Stockpile Cooking Essentials Here
No products found.
For those who don’t know, stockpile cooking is a meal created from items you may have lying around in your pantry or freezer (typically non-perishable items you have around the house) and creating a a super yummy, non-expensive meal with stockpile!
Today, I’m going to focus on one of my favorite dish that is budget friendly and perfect for cold, stay-at-home days— Rice and beans!
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Total: 1 hour 50 mins
- Serves: 12
Ingredients on Stockpile:
- (2) 15 oz cans Red Kidney beans (use dry beans if you have them)
- 8oz chicken thighs chopped (you can use breast if you prefer)
- 1 smoked sausage (diced to desired size)
- 2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion(diced)
- 6 celery stalk (diced)
- 1 tblspn garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspn dried thyme
- 1 teaspn dried oregano
- 3 tblspn olive oil
- 32 oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tblspn worschestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups steamed rice
- In a medium stock pot, heat olive oil until just warm and add bell pepper, onion, garlic, celery, white of green onion and pinch of salt.
- Cook vegetables until they are translucent, add beans, dried spices, stock, worcestershire and cook for about one hour on medium low heat uncovered.
- Then add chicken, sausage, green part of green onions and cook for another 30 min for the stockpile.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve your family with a scoop of rice and your favorite hot sauce!!
- If you use dry red beans instead of canned you will need to cook for a total of 3 hours.
Other Posts You Might Like
It’s been a couple of months since I’ve given y’all a life update. Believe it or not, a lot has been going on in the…