Stockpile Cooking: Broccoli and Feta Cheese Pasta
Hopefully you grabbed some cheap Hunts Tomatoes at Ralphs.
This pasta is full of my favorite things: Feta Cheese, Brocolli and Basil! Its also fairly quick and full of flavor:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
2 cans (14.5 oz each) seasoned diced tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
TONS of Fresh basil (or as much as you can handle 😉 )
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
12 oz rigatoni or whatever free pasta you have 🙂
1 lb broccoli florets
1/3 C crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
Pinch of Salt
1. Start boiling water for pasta add a pinch of salt to water
2. Heat Olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and let garlic brown. Add Tomatoes, Vinegar and Red Pepper Flakes. Let Sauce simmer for 15 minutes
3. Add Pasta to boiling water, once pasta is about finished, add broccoli
4. Drain Pasta and brocolli and add the Sauce mixture.
5. Sprinkle Feta Cheese and add Basil.
Very Easy! If you want you could add chicken to your pasta. I love basil so I usually add a lot and mix it in with my pasta.