Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes – (Turkey) Recipe Included
View Recommended Slow Cookers Below
Turkey is pretty much the only ground meat in our home. Believe it or not, Turkey is just as good as ground beef!
I love this Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe recipe for days that I realize at noon that I don’t know what I’m making for dinner– and can throw this in for 4 hours and have dinner ready by five!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Author: Southern Cali Saver
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
Ingredients for Sloppy Joes:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Transfer this mixture into your slow cooker and add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- This recipe for the sloppy joes will make about 8 servings, but can easily be doubled or even tripled or more, depending on how many people you have eating. You can also make multiple batches and eat twice in one week, or freeze for a super easy meal later that month.
Other Posts You Might Like
Updated January 7, 2020Hey! Thanks for visiting. If you like what you see here, I’d love to invite you over to the Smart Money Mom…
Updated November 12, 2019I know you have at least ONE Harry Potter fan in your family who would LOVE these Harry Potter gifts. I’m not…