Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes
Turkey is pretty much the only ground meat in our home. Believe it or not, Turkey is just as good as ground beef!
I love this Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joe recipe for days that I realize at noon that I don’t know what I’m making for dinner– and can throw this in for 4 hours and have dinner ready by five!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Transfer this mixture into your slow cooker and add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- This recipe will make about 8 servings, but can easily be doubled or even tripled or more, depending on how many people you have eating. You can also make multiple batches and eat twice in one week, or freeze for a super easy meal later that month.