No products found.
Sweet, tangy, with a definite Asian flair this shrimp stir fry dish is perfect served over a big bowl of white or brown rice. While you can buy your vegetables fresh and dice I find that it is better to buy them frozen and ready to go in the bag. Not only is it cost-effective (-compare buying 5 or 6 different veggies, as well as water chestnuts to a big bag for $1.99), but they are generally frozen at the peak of ripeness so they contain more nutrients, and it just saves so much preparation time this way. Swap out small bite-sized pieces of chicken or beef if you are not a seafood fan- prep and cook the same way.
Ingredients for Shrimp & Veggie Stir Fry at Home
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 large bag frozen stir fry vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- 1 tsp.. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
Optional: Add Stir Fry Meat instead of stir fry shrimp (You can use any of the following cuts: Sirloin, Skirt Steak or Flank Steak; cut into cubes and add to bag)
Directions to Cook Shrimp & Veggie Stir Fry
- Place all ingredients including the soy sauce in a 1 gallon freezer bag, massage bag to distribute well, shrimp will marinate in the freezer.
- I like my veggies crunchy, if you prefer yours softer, leave them in the original bag from the store, rubber band them to the bag of shrimp and seasoning.
- For softer vegetables- Add 2 tsp. oil to a large nonstick skillet (or wok), saute vegetables for 5-7 minutes, then add shrimp and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- For crisper veggies- Add everything at once cook for 5-7 minutes total- longer will leave your shrimp too tough.
- Serve the veggie Shrimp stir fry over rice or noodles for a complete meal.
There you have it for our shrimp stir fry recipe. Try and prepare it yourself while home. The time needed to prepare this veggies shrimp stir fry it is just a few minutes.
Checkout our blog for more recipes and tips.
Other Posts You Might Like
It’s that time of the year that us “frugal people” might have a hard time trying to stay on a budget AND still want to…