The Best Staycation Ideas in San Diego
Family vacations are so great to spend time with your kiddos and family–especially during the summer when they are out of school. Depending on where you go for a staycation, the expense really adds up! Plane Tickets, gas, food, lodging.. phew!
Have you ever considered spending your time in a Staycation with family and friends? Exploring the city you LIVE in (or live close enough to) for fun, inexpensive or FREE family activities. In San Diego, there are quite a few things that you can do that are budget friendly–then you can spend your time at home and enjoy the comfort of your home.
- Beach! While this may be obvious–there are several wonderful beaches in San Diego. This can take up most of your day–so dedicate a day!
- Ocean Pier — longest pier on the west coast at 1971 feet into the ocean
- Ocean Beach Pier, 1950 Abbott St., San Diego, CA
- Seaport village— you can plan to walk the village and visit unique shops and see many performers entertain!
- Balboa Park — Very unique gardens and museums. While the park admission is free– the museums are fairly priced at have lots of exciting exhibits.
- Trolley Rides — Take a vacation and ride through the city for $5 on a day pass. This is a great way to get to the various parts of downtown San Diego
- Presidio Park — walk the grounds and visit The Serra Museum for a small fee.
- Coronado Ferry— Plan to travel to Coronado island and back on this great ferry!
- Embarcadero Waterpark— fun and FREE water park for kids and adults!
- 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA. 92101
As you can see, there are so many things that you can enjoy doing in San Diego during your vacation with very little money! Please share your Staycation ideas in the comments below!
A – D
Phoenix, Arizona — Saving For Someday
Fresno, California — Living A Frugal Life
Orange County, California — More With Less Today
San Diego, California — Southern Cali Saver
Denver, Colorado — Bargain Blessings
Washington, District of Columbia — Kidventurous
F – I
Disney World, Florida — The Happy Housewife
Jacksonville, Florida — Saving The Family Money
Orlando, Florida — Coupon Mamacita
St Augustine, Florida — Simply St. Augustine
Tallahasse, Florida — SwagGrabber
Tampa Bay, Florida — LaToyaEdwards.net
Atlanta, Georgia — Pretty Frugal Diva
Dahlonega, Georgia — Kathys Cluttered Mind
Savannah, Georgia — This Mommy Saves Money
Aurora/Chicago, Illinois — A Savings WOW!
Chicago, Illinois — Entertaining Chicago
Indianapolis, Indiana — Chaos Is Bliss
K – P
Lexington, Kentucky — Homeschool Village
Louisville, Kentucky — The Kennedy Adventures
Northern Kentucky, Kentucky — Simply Sherryl
Carroll County, Maryland — Looking at life CreativLEI
Boston, Massachusetts — Maven of Savin
Battle Creek, Michigan — Pichea Place
Grand Rapids, Michigan — Give Me Neither
Metro Detroit, Michigan — Saving Dollars and Sense
Kansas City Area, Missouri/Kansas — Redefined Mom
Omaha, Nebraska — Family Fun in Omaha
Central, New Jersey — Our Good Life
Cincinnati, Ohio — Adventure Mom
Cleveland, Ohio — Kosher on a Budget
Columbus, Ohio — Cleverly Simple
Dayton, Ohio — Savings Lifestyle
Mansfield & Richland County, Ohio — The Traveling Praters
Miami County, Ohio — Something 2 Offer
Northeast, Ohio — Sisters Shopping on a Shoestring
Portland, Oregon — Frugal Living NW
Harrisburg/Central, PA — Family Balance Sheet
Erie, Pennsylvania — Growing Kids Ministry
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — Moms Need To Know
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — The Coupon High
R – W
Arlington, Texas — Grocery Shop For FREE
Fort Worth, Texas — Coupons and Freebies Mom
Houston, Texas — Melissa’s Bargains
Katy, Texas — Moms Confession
San Antonio, Texas — How to Homeschool My Child
Tyler, Texas — iLoveMy5Kids
Charlottesville, Virgina — How to Have it All
Norfolk, Virgina — The Talking Suitcase
Richmond, Virgina — Vacation Maybe
Seattle, Washington — Thrifty NW Mom
Tacoma/South Puget Sound, Washington — Queen Bee Coupons
Oshkosh, Wisconsin — A Little Bit of This and That