Do you want to teach English online? After reading this article, you can make an informed decision if Qkids will be the best move for teaching.
A brief about Qkids
Before moving further, let us offer an overview of what Qkids is. It’s all about. Suppose you have not recently learned of this biz. In that case, it is a China-based English Language tutoring website that serves young learners. They allow students to communicate with teachers via an online world. Qkids is a popular tech English teaching company with over 800,000+ members.
Is it Genuine?
Upon discovering the possibility of teaching English online, We had doubts. .we questioned the credibility of Qkids. The deal appeared too lucrative. It is also a big obstacle for several other applicants. Is Qkids a real business, or are they a fraud? Will you be paid? Will I ever get sessions? Yes, it does. Qkids is indeed a legitimate business. Based on current trends, they are among the leading website English education websites around the world.
What Are The Qkids Requirements?
You must satisfy all of the criteria to order to qualify. Take a look at the following instructor and tech criteria before submitting your application. Below are the requirements for teachers.
- A Bachelor’s degree(any subject)
- Conducts an education background check. You will be asked to upload your degree certificate to apply for the position.
- The right to work anywhere within the US or Canada.
- You ought to live in North America to work. If you intend to travel overseas, you may need to obtain a VPN or pursue another English teaching business.
- Tesol/ TEFL certificate or a license to teach.
- Requires teaching license or English teaching certificate (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, ESL) before giving out lessons.
- A PC that’s running on Windows 7 or above or MacOS 10.9 or above. Qkids won’t run on an iPad.
- A pair of good headphones
- A good and stable internet connection with high speed with a minimum speed of 4 Mbps.
How much can you earn with Qkids?
Qkids instructors are well paid, and a tutor can earn anywhere between $15-$20 per hour. In Qkids, teachers have a base salary of $8 per class. It is possible to receive an additional $2 per class based on teaching success (rating given by the parents) and the number of sessions undertaken per week. To receive such extra benefits, you must teach 15 classes or more each week and get a really great rating of 4 out of 5 stars by parents. These benefits are attainable, so most teachers receive the maximum of $20 an hour.
Compared to other platforms’ one-to-one classes that teach English, Qkids have a teacher-pupil ratio of 1:4. In other words, in one class, there will be at least four students at a time. All the students are Chinese residents and aged four to twelve years old. You will guide all students, so you will need to change your teaching approach to suit every student’s needs.
Since the majority of the students at Qkids are based in Beijing, it follows Beijing Time. Therefore, Qkids’ teaching hours are set according to Beijing time. If you live in the US or Canada and work in the morning or late at night, you will face incredibly long days.
Either you can opt for Monday – Friday: 6:30pm – 9:00pm; or Friday & Saturday: 8:30am – 11:40am.
Are there maximum and minimum hours?
In general, each week, there will be 19 class hours. Hence with Qkids, there is no likelihood to garner a regular salary. You should expect a monthly income of approximately $1500 if you plan to work all 19 hours per week. Qkids sets out minimum tutoring hours to ensure quality education. To work with Qkids, individuals must be willing to provide 6 hours of lessons per week (12 classes).
What will you be teaching?
The Qkids program lets you teach with ease because it emphasizes interactivity and hands-on teaching styles. Your students will develop new English skills by engaging in these immersive games.
Do you need to plan your lessons?
Qkids offers all of the requisite teaching resources while simply removing lesson planning.
Qkids offers a hands-on approach to learning that reduces the need to buy or use toys in class. Compared with the other English tutoring platforms, Qkids emphasizes the importance of using activities to keep the students interested.
How good is the company?
Based on what we’ve learned from teachers who work for this organization, this is a wonderful place to work. They are fairly reasonable in their booking/classroom policies, and the classroom environment is enjoyable and spirited.
We hope that this research paints a good image of Qkids. As an organization, we sincerely respect Qkids. If you are hunting for exciting side work, that’s the job for you.
Now we will look for some advantages and disadvantages of Qkids.
Advantages of Qkids
- We liked working with Qkids because the organization books all classes rather than a school or parent. It ensures you will be quickly getting classes as a new tutor.
- Good payouts – up to $20 per hour.
- The tutor selection process is quick and forthright.
- Flexible working hours.
- It provides training to all teachers.
- The community is very active on social media platforms.
- Offers a $100 referral bonus.
- Teachers are not required to interact with the parents.
- No need to have props as interactive games are used for teaching students.
Disadvantages of Qkids
- The teacher-student ratio is 1:4, which can be quite challenging.
- There are no pay raises.
- The job is only available if you are a resident of the United States of America and Canada.
- No extra payouts even if you are working on holidays.
- Minimum commitment of six hours per week.
- The maximum number of hours you can work in a week is capped at 19 hours. Hence, this may not be suitable for you if you are looking for a full-time job.
Giving English lessons is among the easiest ways to earn some extra money from home and the Internet. If you’re trying to save up for vacations (or debt reduction or buy costly items), partnering with Qkids will help you gain additional income.