A beautiful DIY monogram wreath is a wonderful and easy gift for mothers on Mother’s Day, newlyweds, or a first time home owner. A DIY monogrammed wreath can add some personalization to the recipient’s front door, while adding some style and charm at the same time. You could buy a wreath such as this, but why not save your money and try crafting your own instead? Take a look below at how to make your own monogram wreath using just a few materials. You can even add a letter and tie it with a ribbon from the crafts store.
No products found.
- ½ yard of scrap fabric of your choice
- Foam wreath form
- Wooden craft letter
- Spray paint (optional)
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Ribbon (optional)
Note: You may be able to find solid colored letters or other ideas at your craft store as I did, or you can buy perfect regular wooden letters and spray them the color of your choice. Check and see what your local craft store has and choose either option when creating your wreath.
Directions for DIY Monogram Wreath:
- Begin by cutting your fabric into two inch strips. Don’t worry about the edges being perfect or the strips being perfectly even.
- Start wrapping the strips around the wreath form. As you add a new length of fabric or end one, just add a small dab of glue to the end and press it to the wreath.
- Continue wrapping until the entire form is covered. Attempt to wrap evenly, gently pulling as you do so none of the fabric sags.
- Take your wooden letter and paint it if needed. Once dry, apply some paint to the back OR to the bottom of the letter. You can apply it to the bottom corner of the wreath OR right in the center. Press the letter in place until it adheres.
Your beautiful DIY wreath is now ready to be displayed. You can use ribbon or another length of fabric to hang it or display it on a wreath hook. Let us know if you end up creating this and if your mom is in love with the design! If you create any other ideas with this wreath please share.
See how easy it is to craft this fun wreath? Give this monogram wreath a try!
Other Posts You Might Like
Hey! Thanks for visiting. If you like what you see here, I’d love to invite you over to the Smart Money Mom Facebook Page .…