How to Make Sauce from a Jar Taste Homemade
Have you ever had a jar of pasta sauce that you wish tasted just a tad more homemade? I get it–you can MAKE your own tomato sauce however, life gets busy and sometimes you just don’t have the time.
Here are a couple of small things you can do to make that jarred pasta sauce have a little more flavor!
We like to add onions to ours–this is not mandatory but something about that sautéed onion flavor-its yum!
- Chop 1 onion and cook in olive oil until caramelized (not mandatory)
- Add 1 cup red wine, cook for 4 minutes
- Add jarred pasta sauce to pot
- Add water (1 Cup)
- Add Sugar (1/4 cup per pasta sauce jar)
- Add salt (to taste)
- Add Garlic Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Add crushed red pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Add onion powder (1 teaspoon)
- add italian seasoning (1 teaspoon)
- Cook until desired thickness is achieved
Enjoy with your favorite pasta dish!