FREE or Cheap Summer Activities for the Summer (Full Guide)
There are tons of great FREE and cheap activities for the kids to do this summer! Be prepared for the “I’m Bored” that comes with being out of school with a great list of activities ready to go:
1) If you live close enough to the beach, you can find hours of free entertainment for the kids!
2) For those of you in Long Beach, check out Moonlight Movies on the Beach!
3) Kids can bowl for FREE at various locations! Check out which ones are near you at KidsBowlFree.com! (you will need to register ahead of time)
4) The Barnes & Noble Imagination Destination summer reading program gives your child the ability to earn a FREE book after reading 8 books and keeping track of them in a reading log.
5) How about a lemonade stand? Kids still love this fun activity!
6) There are some great State Parks at play to visit around California!
7) There are also some National Parks in California that offer a few FREE Admission days each year. Find out locations and dates HERE.
8) Street Food Cinema has outdoor movies, food and other fun stuff for the entire family!
View Summer Activity Products Here
9) Have a backyard scavenger hunt. Make a list of things the kids should be able to find in the backyard and let them go!
10) All summer long you can check out the Regal Cinemas $1 Movies!
11) Make homemade ice cream! There are tons of recipes out there that don’t require an ice cream maker.
12) Take the kids fishing for FREE on the CA Free Fishing Days this summer!
13) Make Sidewalk Chalk Paint! Just a little more fun than sidewalk chalk.
14) You can get FREE Admission to the California Science Center every day!
15) Kids love water! Check out these fun water and ice activities:
- Crazy Coupe Car Wash
- Marble Run Water Slide
- Giant Ice Cube of Awesomeness
- Alphabet Water Tracing
- Super Easy Water Rockets
- Sponge Bullseye
- Super Hero Rescue
- Have a Water Gun or Water Balloon Fight
16) Set up a back yard movie night! Borrow or rent a projector if you don’t own one. Hang a sheet in your backyard and you are good to go!
18) If you don’t have a sandbox, you can make your own with a under bed storage box and a bag of sand to play with. The kids don’t care that they can’t sit inside it!
19) Make homemade bubbles. Tons of fun recipes on the web to try.
20) Create an outdoor (or indoor) obstacle course.
21) Find cheap summer activities (or sometimes FREE) tickets from Goldstar
What other FREE or Cheap Activities can we add to this list?
Don’t forget to check out the growing kids eat FREE list as well!