DIY Project: Essential Oil Fabric Freshener
Every time I have given a room a good cleaning the last thing I like to do before leaving the room is to give it a spritz of essential oil fabric freshener. I spray the upholstery, curtains, and fabric, as well as air. It just finishes off your rooms and leave them fresh and covered in a clean and natural scent. I am not a big fan of the store-bought bottles that are full of chemicals I would just as soon go without fabric freshener. Luckily, with essential oils and a couple of other simple ingredients, I can make my own effective and deliciously scented room sprays and fabric fresheners that are safe for my family-kids and pets included. Also, the fabric fresheners need to be natural and effective at getting rid of bad odors. I created easy recipes but feel free to mix up your own favorite scents. I always recommend that you find an essential oil that is 100% pure therapeutic grade for your essential oil spray and fabric freshener recipes.
The Ingredients for the DIY fabric freshener:
- 1 cup distilled water
- 2 T. rubbing alcohol or vodka
- 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- Glass spray bottle
- Use your funnel to pour water into the spray bottle.
- Add rubbing alcohol.
- Carefully add all essential oil drops directly into the water.
- Shake bottle well to combine.
- You will want to shake each time before use to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Create a simple label to mark your bottle clearly.
As you can see, it’s pretty easy to make the fabric freshener. You will love working on this DIY project! The essential oil has natural and fresh smells.
Use a clean glass bottle to store your room spray and essential oil fabric freshener. Citrus essential oils can eat away at plastic and compromise the quality.
Other Posts You Might Like
Updated January 6, 2020View Some of the Brands We Used Here It is that time of the year! Fall has officially begun and I’m so…