DIY Essential Oil Fabric Freshener
Every time I have given a room a good cleaning the last thing I like to do before leaving the room is to give it a spritz of essential oil fabric freshener. I spray the upholstery, curtains, and air. It just finishes off a room and leaves it fresh and covered in a clean scent. I am not a big fan of the store bought bottles that are full of chemicals I would just as soon go without room spray. Luckily, with essential oils and a couple other simple ingredients I can make my own effective and deliciously scented room sprays that are safe for my family-kids and pets included. I created a light spring like combo but feel free to mix up your own favorite scents. I always recommend that you find an essential oil that is 100% pure therapeutic grade for your essential oil recipes.
Essential Oil Fabric Freshener
What you will need:
- 1 cup distilled water
- 2 T. rubbing alcohol or vodka
- 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- glass spray bottle
- Use your funnel to pour water into spray bottle.
- Add rubbing alcohol.
- Carefully drop all essential oil drops directly into water.
- Shake bottle well to combine.
- You will want to shake each time before use to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Create a simple label to mark your bottle clearly.
Use a glass bottle to store your Air freshener, citrus essential oils can eat away at plastic and compromise the quality.