DIY Essential Oil Candle
Steps for DIY Essential Oil Candles at Home
Ever since I got my Essential Oil Starter kit— I’ve been making ALL sorts of natural items… and it is really exciting! (I plan to share more items in the future) I love all of the oils that I got with my starter kit but there are three in particular that really help me throughout the day— they lift my mood and are overall amazing!!
I like to burn this candle at my desk while I am working like typing up articles like this! It really helps to keep me motivated and energized.
Here’s what you will need to get started.
- CandleScience All Natural Soy Candle Wax, 2 lb.
- 5 drops Citrus Fresh Essential oil.
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil.
- 5 drops lemon essential oil.
- Natural Candle Wick, Small.
- 8oz Mason Jars from KAMOTA.
1. Fill Up Your Glass Container
Using the wax fillings we have just bought here, fill up your glass containers or mason jars to the top. It’s okay if it overflows a bit.
2. Melt the Wax
Now you’ll just need to melt the wax inside the glass mason jar so that it forms nicely into the jar itself. You can use a microwave for this step (as I did). It should only take a few minutes.
Caution: make sure you grab the glass jar with some kitchen gloves or mittens. My favorite one to use that helps with the heat is from Big Red House. Once again be careful!
- HEAT RESISTANT UP TO 480 DEGREES - Whether removing a pan from your oven, picking up a steaming pot from your stove or...
- SILICONE STRIPING PROVIDES A NON-SLIP GRIP - Special silicone striping provides a gripping material so you no longer have to...
- GREAT DESIGN AND HIGH QUALITY - 12.5 inch length protects wrists and forearms; all oven mitts and pot holders are FDA...
3. Add Essential Oil
Add the drops of essential oils that i’ve mentioned above while the wax is still melted. This way it can mix evenly and throughout the whole candle. Don’t add too much, a little essential oil goes a long way.
4. Placing the Wick
The last part of the DIY essential oil candle project is to add the wick in the glass mason jar. Place it in the candle wax as the wax continues to firm up and you’ll have yourself an essential oils candle ready to burn the next time around!
Enjoy burning your new essential oils candle!