Ever wonder how to make that delicious crispy skin chicken from Albertsons or Stater Bros? My family loves it! and we all fight over the crispy skin on top 🙂 Usually, this costs anywhere from $7-8 dollars at your favorite grocery store. Stores often have whole crispy skin chicken on sale for just $0.88 per pound. Which pretty much gives you the same crispy skin chicken for only $4 depending on its size.
Here is a perfect crispy skin chicken recipe to get that yummy chicken–for half the cost that you would get at the grocery store.
No products found.
Find Whole Chicken on sale at Albertsons for just $0.88 through Sunday right now.
- Whole Chicken
- Salt (to taste)
- Baking Soda (1 teaspoon)
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning of your choice (we add Lemon Pepper)
- Take Chicken out and set on a rack (with pan underneath)
- Mix equal parts of Salt and Baking Soda in a small bowl (as much as it takes to lightly coat the chicken)
- Rub Salt/Baking Powder mixture on the chicken. (note Baking Soda does NOTHING to the taste–it is just used to to help dry the moisture out of the skin) —
- Rub Olive Oil on the entire chicken
- Let Chicken sit uncovered in the refrigerator overnight
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Transfer Chicken and Pan to the Oven and Cook for 60 minutes