Just joining us? Welcome to the NEW SCS Series: Couponing in California. This is a basic overview of couponing in California (or anywhere for that matter) and how to get started! If you missed part 1, you can check it out here
There are lots of sources for coupons that you can use to save your money. They are all over the place sometimes! Here are the main ones that you will be able to use at a store and save your savings:
Sunday paper: Normally there are two regular inserts: Red Plum and Smartsource. Once a month, you can find a P&G insert. I get 5 papers just so I can save a good amount from multiple coupons. (There are times when there are awesome deals that require you to have multiples of the same coupon)
-Most of the time the Red Plum and Smart Source online sites contain the same coupons as the newspaper.
Now, if you are in desperate need of multiple coupons to buy a list of products but you don’t want to buy a ton of newspapers then there are coupon clipping sites where you pay per coupon. These are usually priced at 10% of the coupon value. I recommend them as they’ll help you save money from great deals:
Check out on some tips on collecting coupons:
- If you want to save money at any time, the general rule is to purchase 1 Sunday paper for every person in your family.
- Some coupon inserts are regional; meaning you may have a different coupon than someone living across the country or even in the next county. (if you are in the So Cal area I suggest the LA Times, it usually offer all the good coupons!)
Store specific Coupons:
- These are coupons that can only be used at the specified store, or to buy specific brands of products unless otherwise stated.
- Rite Aid Ad Perk (watch a short video in exchange for a coupon on the products and grocery)
- Target.com (scroll to the bottom of the page and look for coupons tab) Note: Target Coupons state “TARGET WEB Coupon at top” not all of the coupons on this site are Target coupons.
A favorite magazine that is Walmart offer at about $2.50 is All You. You can check it out. The magazine does offer great coupons and you can also find good deals. Right now, you can snag a great deal on All You– Buy One Get One Free. This Magazine Practically Pays for itself with all of the great coupons inside. You get to save a lot of money when you have a long shopping list for products and grocery.
Other Posts You Might Like
scroll down to see how you can pay less than $400 for a Memory foam (queen) mattress! When George and I first got married we…
If you are like most people and live from paycheck to paycheck, you probably wonder how you could possibly manage to learn how to start…