Here is a great way to spruce up those canned Green Beans that you may have picked up this week! If you recall, Food 4 Less has Libby’s veggies for just $0.25 after coupon. Also, you may have picked up free canned veggies at Albertsons (no longer available)
As couponers, sometimes it is hard to get creative with your stockpile… Hopefully, this stockpile recipe helps a bit 🙂
No products found.
Cook from your Stockpile: Glazed Green Beans
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Spruce up those canned Green Beans (you can do fresh ones too!)
- 1/2 of a small sweet onion, thinly sliced ~ about 1/3 cup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- note: if you find this too sweet, you can add 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar at the end.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter & the onion slices. Saute the onions until they turn golden brown and begin to caramelize.
- Add the green beans to the skillet with the onions & toss to mix.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add 1/4 cup of butter & brown sugar to skillet.
- Cover & allow the butter & brown sugar to melt into a sauce, stirring occasionally. Simmer until heated through & butter/sugar mixture is completely melted ~ about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Other Posts You Might Like
Hey! Thanks for visiting. If you like what you see here, I’d love to invite you over to the Smart Money Mom Facebook Page .…
We all learned how to get dressed when we were young. However, nobody ever taught us how to put on a top after finishing a…