Cook from your Stockpile: Glazed Green Beans
Here is a great way to spruce up those canned Green Beans that you may have picked up this week! If you recall, Food 4 Less has Libby’s veggies for just $0.25 ea after coupon. Also, you may have picked up free canned veggies at Albertsons (no longer available)
As couponers, sometimes it is hard to get creative with your stockpile.. Hopefully this helps a bit 🙂
- 1/2 of a small sweet onion, thinly sliced ~ about 1/3 cup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- note: if you find this too sweet, you can add 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar at the end.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the 1 tablespoon of butter & the onion slices. Saute the onions until they turn golden brown and begin to caramelize.
- Add the green beans to the skillet with the onions & toss to mix.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add the 1/4 cup of butter & the brown sugar to the skillet.
- Cover & allow the butter & brown sugar to melt into a sauce, stirring occasionally. Simmer until heated through & butter/sugar mixture is completely melted ~ about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.