Cheesy tortellini Freezer meal
Let me start off by saying I feel a little embarrassed to share the final product of this recipe–because I forgot to add the cheese! Somehow I forget to add the most important part of this meal. So please pretend that you see the cheese on top 😉 Regardless, it was very yummy! My kids ate seconds and one even had thirds. 😀
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- crushed red peppers (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 boxes tortellini (refrigerated or dry)
- To Freeze: Combine Beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, oregano, basil, red pepper, salt and pepper into large freezer bag and freeze.
- To cook: Defrost and cook in large skillet for 30 minutes. Cook pasta according to package and add to beef mixture when cooked. Add cheese and serve.
- Cook in crockpot: defrost, place in crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Cook pasta according to package and add to beef mixture 30 minutes before serving.