When we went to Louisiana last year, I fell in LOVE with Bourbon Chicken- the syrupy sweet taste is just too good to pass up, so rarely do I resist that urge! Heaped over rice with a little—-okay a lot of extra sauce to make it even better. Guess what? It makes an amazing freezer meal -perfect for our Freezer Skillet Meal recipe series, all you need to do is add rice and you have a tasty dinner day in less than 20 minutes time! delicious, syrupy, tender, and full of all the flavor that the fast-food joints offer and you can keep your pajamas on. I have given you two freezer meal recipes for cooking – either precook and then finish off in skillet freezer to heat or bake it through once thawed.
No products found.
Ingredients for Bourbon Chicken Freezer meal;
1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup bourbon
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup water
½-¾ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup soy sauce
½ tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Chop chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces- no bigger than 1”x1”
- Place all ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag, press flat.
- Now if you wanted to cook this in a skillet freezer on the stove-top pot you would need to pre cooked chicken, cool it, dice, add remaining ingredients, and just heat through in a skillet freezer once thawed. However, I did not want to cook more than once so for this recipe I prepared raw and will follow the directions below.
- Thaw freezing bag contents.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place thawed ingredients in a large oven-safe skillet (a baking sheet or large cake pot will work as well) bake time for 1 – ½ hours, basting frequently with juice in a pot.
- Serve over rice or Asian noodles, enjoy your dinner!
Other Posts You Might Like
Since I grew up around gardens every year, it isn’t surprising that I find myself with 10 Ways To Start Seedlings For Your Garden that…