When we went to Louisiana last year, I fell in LOVE with Bourbon Chicken- the syrupy sweet taste is just too good to pass up, so rarely do I resist that urge! Heaped over rice with a little—-okay a lot of extra sauce to make it even better. Guess what? It makes an amazing freezer meal -perfect for our Freezer Skillet Meal recipe series, all you need to do is add rice and you have a tasty dinner day in less than 20 minutes time! delicious, syrupy, tender, and full of all the flavor that the fast-food joints offer and you can keep your pajamas on. I have given you two freezer meal recipes for cooking – either precook and then finish off in skillet freezer to heat or bake it through once thawed.
Ingredients for Bourbon Chicken Freezer meal;
1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup bourbon
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup water
½-¾ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup soy sauce
½ tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Chop chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces- no bigger than 1”x1”
- Place all ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag, press flat.
- Now if you wanted to cook this in a skillet freezer on the stove-top pot you would need to pre cooked chicken, cool it, dice, add remaining ingredients, and just heat through in a skillet freezer once thawed. However, I did not want to cook more than once so for this recipe I prepared raw and will follow the directions below.
- Thaw freezing bag contents.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place thawed ingredients in a large oven-safe skillet (a baking sheet or large cake pot will work as well) bake time for 1 – ½ hours, basting frequently with juice in a pot.
- Serve over rice or Asian noodles, enjoy your dinner!
Other Posts You Might Like
January 2, 2020
View %Insert Related Product Name Here% Here When cooking for kids, it is recommended to serve them what looks and tastes familiar to them. This…
May 23, 2013
If you are new to couponing–you may have encountered the weekly coupon match-ups. Being thrown into the couponing world there tends to be a ton…
May 19, 2016
You are probably tired of these posts by now– but I was able to find the complete list of all the awesome FREE Amazon…