7 Reasons Why You Should Invest In Solar Panels
If you have been considering an upgrade to your home, here are some great reasons to invest in solar panels. Not only is green energy something that is becoming more and more common, the long-term budget friendly investment is perfect. If you are concerned about your current and future utility bills, this can be a great way to revamp your overall budget and make an amazing change in your long-term financial goals.
When we moved into our new home, we knew that solar was going to be a priority! We live in a part of Southern California that reaches close to 110 degrees during the summer (and into late October!) and often have electric bills up to $400 during those months. The upfront cost of Solar panels can be a little hefty– I mean, it’s basically like paying for all the electricity usage that you will use for 30 years, but up front. However, the value just doesn’t compare– plus, when you sell your home– you will likely get that invest right back.
After living in our home for 2 years now, I want to tell you that Solar is totally worth it and if you have any chance to invest in something– panels should be it! Check out our recent power bill:
All of our power bills are less than $2 usually–however, during the summer months, it gets a tad more expensive. (meaning, we might just pay more than $3! HA!) Here are even more reason why you should invest in solar panels
7 Reasons To Invest In Solar Panels
- Long term financial benefits. While you have an exceptional up front cost for solar panel installation, you will find the long term financial benefit to be huge. Within a few years, your investment will have been paid back in savings on energy costs. Solar City helps you with some of those costs by giving you a free month of solar energy.
- Improved value in your home and property. Another major reason to invest in solar panels is the improved value of your home and property. Green energy homes go for much higher prices on the housing market and are highly sought after. Being able to add that small check box on your listing when you are ready to sell your home can increase your profit on a home sale by thousands of dollars easily.
- Solar energy is better for the environment. Of course, we have to remember that environmental improvements are a huge reason to invest in solar panels for your home. With alternate sources of energy depleting resources as well as creating waste in our environment this switch would free you from the burden of hurting your environment just to wash a load of laundry.
- Teaches your children about fiscal and environmental responsibility. Our children are our future and we have to make sure we teach them to care for themselves and their planet. Solar panels teach them not only about making sound financial choices but also about how clean energy is a great choice for the environment.
- Solar panels bring a fixed energy cost. With traditional energy sources, your monthly payments will fluctuate greatly depending on the amount of use. Solar panels are a monthly fixed payment that won’t bounce around when the weather changes. This can be great for budgets as well as long-term financial goal success.
- Solar energy is useful around the clock with minimal outages. Where traditional electricity can experience frequent outages due to storms and accidents, solar energy is useful around the clock with little to no issues. As long as you are storing energy during the sunny hours of the day you will have more than enough around the clock.
- Extra solar energy doesn’t expire or go away until you use it. One great thing about solar energy is that it builds up over time and is stored for future use. This means you can have extra credit where your utility company may owe you credit at the end of the month. However, you don’t want to sell that extra energy. Renting or leasing your solar panels isn’t a good idea for you in the long run since it removes your access to the energy and gives someone else the rights to your property as well as your energy source.
These reasons to invest in solar panels are so easy to understand and realize why this is a worthy investment for your home. Make the steps today to add solar panels to your home to create a financially great choice for your home.