20 Free things to do in Los Angeles
These 20 free things to do in Los Angeles will keep you and your family busy when you visit this city bursting with celebrities and entertainment. While it is one of the most expensive places in the country to visit, it is also one of the best places for amazing free entertainment and museums. Take advantage of all the great free things to do while you are in the area.
20 Free Things To Do In Los Angeles
- TCL Chinese Theater: Hollywood history is evident in this one major location in Los Angeles ever day. From the beautiful theater itself, to the walk of fame and stars nearby. This is one of the best free things to do in Los Angeles you can add to your list.
- Watch a Game Show Taping: Tickets are free to be in the audience of many TV shows and Game shows. Look up the tickets online and get yours in advance for a chance to sit in and watch a live television production.
- Chinatown: From observing an amazing unique culture to eating some of the best food you will ever experience, a visit to Chinatown is a must for every tourist in Los Angeles.
- Griffith Observatory: Look at the stars with the stars at this amazing observatory that gives you a view of the sky like no other.
- Hollywood Walk Of Fame: Don’t miss out on seeing all of the Hollywood stars. See if your favorite actor or actress has a star and take your picture with it.
- Exposition Park: Take a walking tour for free of this great cultural location with tons of things for the entire family to explore and enjoy.
- California Science Center: This great hands on science center features tons of great things including the Space Shuttle Endeavor exhibit.
- Rodeo Drive: Window shop with celebrities on Rodeo Drive. While the price tags may keep you from making purchases, you can still enjoy a few hours of walking around taking in the sights and possibly bumping shoulders with a movie star or two.
- Getty Center: Amazing views of the city and an introduction to some of the most breath taking art collections this is a must visit on the list of free things to do in Los Angeles.
- El Pueblo Historical Monument: Visit this landmark of the beginning of this iconic city and learn more about the beginnings of Los Angeles.
- Leimert Park Village: Unique with its special galleries and cultural experiences of the African American life, this area has a special draw for many individuals.
- Hollywood Sign: You can still hike up to and near the Hollywood sign for pictures and a unique view of the city.
- Grand Central Market: This is an amazing experience that will give you a huge selection of foods to enjoy, or simply a great time with culture and excitement.
- La Brea Tar Pits: This infamous location in the city is a great place to teach your kids first hand about fossil fuels.
- City Hall Observation Deck: This is a great place to check out the views of the city and grab some amazing pictures for your memory books.
- Walt Disney Concert Hall: This is a great unique tour that gives you a special view of a gorgeous piece of architecture in the community. Some areas are off limits, but you can still view a lot of this beautiful concert hall on your own.
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust: Remember how far we have come and how much we have left to accomplish when you visit this memorial to those who lost their lives at he hands of Hitler and the Holocaust.
- Echo Park: Not only a great location to spend a day with the family, you can take in great sculptures and pieces of art in the process.
- Regen Projects: Another amazing art gallery that showcases art work from new and old artists at no cost to you to visit.
- Grand Park: This is the home to a multitude of concerts and events at no cost to you. Head over and see what’s happening while you are in the city.
These great free things to do in Los Angeles are sure to keep you busy for several days while visiting this city of entertainment.
If you are looking for discount tickets and affordable rates for families while in Los Angeles– I highly suggest taking a look at CityPass, where you can grab cheap tickets to some of your favorite attractions.
Southern California is filled with beautiful attractions and destinations but they also come with a pretty price to pay for a family looking to enjoy the sites. You will want to check out these ways to save on Southern California Destinations.
Can you add to my list?