10 Ways to Save Money with Natural Cleaners
Cleaning products are so expensive and unfortunately they’re not something that our homes can easily do without. If we don’t keep our homes clean, we run the risk of our family getting sick, losing our homes and even more. This means that we all add them to our budget and most of us never think more than twice about how much we’re paying for them. Luckily, nature can help with both the cleaning part and the budgeting for cleaners part. How?
Natural cleaners work just as well as the chemical laden cleaners you buy at the store with two exceptions. First, they’re much healthier for your family and second, they’re much, much cheaper. These 10 natural cleaners will not only save you money, but they may just help you feel better too.
Product Quick Compare
- TIRED OF SQUEEZING ALL THOSE LEMONS? - Put down your lemon squeezer! Just one bottle of Lucy's 100% real lemon juice provides...
- PREMIUM LEMON JUICE - Our Lucy's Lemon Juice is 100% Juice from concentrate with added ingredients which means we use only...
- CHECK OUT OUR REVIEWS - Simply put, Lucy's Premium Lemon Juice is the right choice! Because of its extremely affordable...
Lemon juice and lemon oil both have disinfectant properties. This means that they are an awesome disinfectant. Mix up a batch of homemade all-purpose cleaner and add a bit of lemon juice (or oil) to help keep germs away.
The power of vinegar in cleaning can’t be denied. It works as a disinfectant, a solvent, a deodorizer and so much more. You could clean your entire home with white vinegar and it would look, smell and feel so much better than it does when cleaned with any store bought cleaner. The up side? White vinegar is so very cheap!
Vinegar’s not-so long lost cousin, baking soda is fantastic for cleaning. It works well as a deodorizer since it will absorb smells (which is why we all use it in the fridge), it is abrasive enough to use as a scrub and it can even help your laundry get cleaner! At well under $1.00 per pound, there’s simply no reason not to use it in your daily cleaning routine.
- Add to laundry to help remove tough stains, deodorize and Freshen
- Wipe on counters and appliances to remove grease and grime and make dishes sparkling clean
- Removes soap scum, hard Water deposits, and dirt
Borax is a must have in a natural cleaning kitchen but it is so versatile that you’ll learn to love it!
- UNSCENTED CASTILE is a mild formula free of essential oils and fragrance. Great for people with allergies or sensitive skin....
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC AND VEGAN INGREDIENTS. No Synthetic detergents, no foaming agents, no chemicals, and no animal products -...
- PACKED FULL OF ANTIOXIDANTS, VITAMINS, MINERALS. AND OMEGA FATTY ACIDS. Yes that's right by adding Argan, Hemp, Olive and...
Castile soap can be used not only in cleaning, but also in diy beauty products too. I fell in LOVE with Castile soap about a year ago. I use it as body wash sometimes because I love it that.much. 🙂 I’ve also made homemade hand soap and kids body wash with it. I’ve had one large bottle that has lasted me about 6 months so far because you only need a little bit at a time! It can be expensive, but at the same time, you’ll save money since a little bit goes a long way. Use it to make your own soaps and cleaners for a more natural home.
Need a natural way to scrub? Salt is perfect. Mix it in with your other homemade cleaners and it will give you the abrasion you need to really get this hard and crusty messes cleaned up.
- 32-fluid ounce bottle of first aid antiseptic
- First aid to help prevent risk of infection from minor cuts, scrapes and burns
- Active ingredient: 3% hydrogen peroxide (stabilized)
Yes, peroxide. The same stuff that is in your medicine cabinet is good for cleaning. Keep a bottle of it in your cleaning pantry to help with stains and other gunky laundry messes.
- 16-fluid ounce bottle of first aid antiseptic
- Contains 99% isopropyl alcohol
- For technical use
Rubbing alcohol not only disinfects and kills germs, but it can also leave a streak free shine on your windows and more. At around $1.00 per bottle, it doesn’t make financial sense to not use it to clean.
- Polishes all wood furniture to a nice shine with a pleasant fresh scent of oranges
- Conditions finished and unfinished wood surfaces to a beautiful, natural glow using real orange oil
- Polishes and helps prevent drying and fading of all your wood furniture including kitchen cabinets, tables, chairs, desks,...
Orange Essential oil is another oil that is fantastic for cleaning. Not only does it have disinfectant properties, but it is also a wood conditioner and treatment. This makes it perfect for things like furniture polish, an addition to hardwood floor cleaner and even for using on your wood cutting boards!
- THERAPEUTIC TEA TREE OIL high potency essential oil is a gentle purified detoxifying antifungal antibacterial antiseptic &...
- HEALING ESSENTIAL OIL relieve acne psoriasis anti dandruff prevent lice hair loss sore muscles nail fungus. Heals cuts...
- PERFECT FOR DIY undiluted tea tree oil to make your own shampoo conditioner body wash deodorant moisturizer soap aromatherapy...
Tea Tree oil is known for its antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties. This makes it perfect for cleaning with! It works especially well in the kitchen and the bathroom! Add it to your homemade bathroom cleaner to help not only kill germs and molds, but to conquer smells too! It will kill the germs that create them!
I LOVE these essential oils.