I love the delicious combo of ground beef, cabbage, and tomatoes- it is just a good, filling, comfort food. Especially during the cold days of winter when you want something to warm you from the inside out. But they can be a lot of work on especially on busy nights. So when you need a quick meal, with minimal dirty dishes there is another way you can enjoy them- straight from the freezer if you want to try Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls recipe, one of 10 recipes in the Freezer Skillet Meals series.
The unstuffed cabbage rolls recipe is easy to prep and cook and with just a little prep up front you will have this tasty unstuffed cabbage rolls dinner waiting in the fridge to be thawed and heated through- dirtying up just one pan! I like to pre brown my hamburger meat in recipes like these so I can go ahead and drain the fat and also use only one pan for cooking.
1 lb. ground beef (You can use Ground Turkey or Bison)
2- 14 oz. diced tomatoes
½ large cabbage
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ onion, chopped
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
½ tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
- Brown ground beef, drain fat, cool completely.
- Wash, then chop cabbage into smaller bite sized pieces.
- Dice onion, crush garlic if not already done.
- Place all ingredients inside gallon freezer bag.
- Press flat, this will make for quicker thawing and save freezer space.
- Once Thawed place contents in a deep pot over medium heat, cover with a lid.
- Stir occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve over rice, potatoes, or pasta if desired. You could also easily turn this meal- into a soup add 2 cups water and 2 cups of broth, then add a bit more season to taste.
Other Posts You Might Like