My husband (George) and I have always practiced ways to maximize our stockpile. Sometimes as a couponer your meals can become repetitive and sometimes..boring. It’s hard to make meals around your stockpile that may seem fun or healthful. This is a great traditional Italian dish that is popular in our home.
George has put together some great ideas for us on how to stretch our stockpile to provide your family with this easy chicken picatta recipe. It’s a yummy, healthily and budget friendly meal.
All of the following items are from our stockpile with the exception of a few fresh items:
No products found.
Stockpile Cooking: Chicken Picatta
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (diced into 1×1 inch cubes)
- 1 package mushrooms –sliced
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- capers (optional–my kids don’t really like them)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 small onion (small diced)
- 2 cup white wine
- 4 oz butter
- 13 oz pasta (whatever you have around)
- Parsley at the end(optional)
- Place a stock pot on the stove with an adequate amount of water and season with about a tablespoon of salt and turn on high .
- Also, place a large skillet on the stove on high heat with enough canola oil to completely coat the bottom of the pan.
- Take the chicken pieces and generously coat them in flour. Once coated, shake off all the excess and pan fry until golden brown.
- Once golden brown reserve chicken on the side. Remove excess oil from the pan until you have about 1/2 cup left.
- Add mushroom and onion and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and capers, saute until fragrant.
- Add the browned chicken, white wine and lemon juice. Reduce wine till there about a 1/2 cup of liquid left and turn the heat off and then add the butter and stir till all the butter is melted.
- At this point you can add the parsley if you wish. by this time your water should be at a rapid boil.
- Cook your pasta until desired tenderness is achieved strain and toss with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and place on the side or you can mix in with the sauce.
Other Posts You Might Like
December 27, 2014
If you struggle with saving money during the year this is a great way to save for Christmas, vacation or big event! Have you…
December 15, 2019
As you probably know, there are tons of different foundations on the shelf of your favorite beauty store. When you finally find a foundation you…
July 11, 2016
If you are receiving SNAP benefits or food stamps, these food stamp budgeting recipients program will help you to stretch your food budget even farther.…